All About Our Terms, Conditions, & Privacy Policies
Last updated: March 1, 2019These terms and conditions govern your access to and use of Just Fearless, HERstory Connections, subsidiaries & assigns platforms, mobile applications, and website(s) that link to or reference these terms. By accessing, creating an account, or using the platforms you agree to these Terms and therefore constitute between you Just Fearless LLC, HERstory Connections LLC, and subsidiaries, and assigns.
HERstory Connections - Subscription Pricing and Terms:
HERstory Connections is open to all women founded entities. HERstory Connection has 3 Membership Connections exclusively for Women creating the World's Largest Global Connection for Women Owned Businesses. It's HERstory Business, HERstory Creative, and HERstory Literary! For the members of HERstory Divisions listed above there are 3 tier membership levels with features and perks to connect and engage your target audience. Silver Tier, Gold Tier, and Platinum Tier. Users looking to connect with HERstory Members have a Free Membership or Paid Premium Membership which is Ad Free and with extra perks and features.
HERstory Connections Businesses, Creatives, and Literary are able to purchase their membership through the website and with an in-app purchase to enroll in the Silver, Gold, or Platinum Tier membership levels. By registering you certify that you are a fully woman owned business, creative, or literary. The membership subscription auto renews annually unless they log in and cancel their membership. There are NO refunds as all sales are final. Reminders are emailed 7 days before the auto renewal happens with an option to upgrade, turn off auto renewal, or cancel if desired at the pricing offered. Options and pricing are subject to change without notice. Membership subscription renews automatically unless turned off or canceled at 24 hours prior to the end of the membership subscription.
We may change the terms from time to time. You understand and agree that your access to the platforms is governed by the Terms effective at the time of your access to or use of the platforms. When and if we make changes to these terms, it will be made available on this page. The date listed at the top of this page is the date revisions were last made. If you continue to use our platforms, you will be bound by the updated terms. If you do not want to agree to these or any updated terms, you can delete your account by sending an email to email@example.com with NO refund given under any circumstances. Any such modification will be effective upon our posting of the new terms
Using Our Platforms and Your Commitment
"You", "Your", "their", and "they" refer to you as the User of the platforms. A "User" is someone who accesses, browses, or in any other way uses the platforms. "Platforms" includes any of our websites, apps, mobile applications, and more. "We", "Us", and "Our" refers to Just Fearless LLC, HERstory Connections LLC, Subsidiaries, and Assigns.
You agree to the following for use of our platforms, mobile applications, and websites:
We value and respect your privacy. We want to be transparent about how we use your personal information and your rights to control your data. When you use our services, you consent to us collecting, using, and disclosing your data as described herein.
- You must be 16 years or older
- By signing up and/or creating an account you agree to receive email communications in connection with the platforms. You can opt out of non-essential communications in your settings or by unsubscribing.
- You are welcome to use our platforms except if we have banned you or closed your account.
- Your use of the platforms is at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to Content that is offensive, inaccurate, etc.
- While pornography, illegal activity, hate speech, anything that exploits/harms minors, or violates or advocates the violation is strictly banned and forbidden, at your own risk it is possible to come across this before we catch it and ban it. We put forth our best efforts with the help of the entire community to govern this and keep off of our platforms.
- You may expose yourself to liability if you post private or confidential information or content or do anything that violates someone else's rights, including intellectual property, false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory, or violates any third party right, any copyrights, any trademarks, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- The platforms may be updated, interrupted, suspended, modified, or discontinued at anytime without notice.
- Your account password is your responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
- You cannot create an account for someone else unless you have their express written permission. You cannot impersonate someone else nor use another email address other than your own.
- You must provide complete and accurate information about yourself as a contributor to the platforms including your registration information.
- We reserve the right to close your account, deny your application(s), at any time for any or no reason. We have Zero tolerance for objectionable content and/or abusive users.
- We do NOT claim ownership of your content that you post on or through the platforms.
- When you share (or publish) content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our services, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, copy, publicly perform or display, consistent with your privacy and application settings.
- You are held accountable for your content, and once shared, it cannot always be withdrawn. All content published by you is at your own risk.
- You declare that you own, or are permitted to use, your content as described herein.Your content is not in any way endorsed by us unless a signed written agreement by us is proving otherwise.
- You must not send bulk emails, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not; engage in keyword spamming, or otherwise attempt to manipulate the platforms search results or any third party website.
- No refunds as all sales are final. Any and all approvals, changes, and decisions are solely our right to make and are final.
- You irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against Just Fearless, HERstory Connections, it's subsidiaries & assigns and its users any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your content. We act within 24 standard business hours and will remove your content and/or your profile if your content and/or profile was reported by users with any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your content.
- We own our content, including but not limited to visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, including, but not limited to, our compilation of user content and other platforms content, computer code, products, software, aggregate user review ratings, and all other elements and components of the platforms excluding your content, user content and third party content. If you use content created or published by us covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Service (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share), we retain all rights to our content.
- The platforms may include links to other websites or applications (each are a "third party platform"). Your use of third party platforms is at your own risk. We do not control any third party platform. You agree that we are not responsible for the availability or contents of such third party platforms.
It describes our policies on collecting, storage of data, use, sharing and disclosure of information collected from you directly or indirectly about you. It applies to all products and services offered by us including our mobile application and other services communicated through our emails and website(s).
We never sell your personal data to third parties. If you have questions about the use of your information, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you discover that someone has created or shared data depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by emailing email@example.com with verification and proof.
1. How we collect, store, and use data and your information. When you choose to use any of the products or services offered by us, we collect and store information about you. The purpose of using your information is to provide you with the highest quality of service and personalization of your experience and to fulfill requests and searches within our applications, display relevant advertising, provide customer service, system backups, security planning; a set of policies, tools and procedures to enable the recovery or continuation of vital technology infrastructure and systems following a natural or human-induced disaster, track usage, provide statistical information to business owners listed with us, marketing and sales related purposes such as providing you with advertising that is relevant to your interests.
- How we collect, store and use data and your information
- Cookies and Technologies
- Sharing your data with third parties
- Unauthorized Data use
- Data Retention and Account Termination
- Data of Children
- International Data Transfer
What is public information?
- Your Account data: We store and use full name, email address, zip code, city and other information you provided, such as age, your gender and birth date.
- Public information: The information that you provide and/or by using our mobile app and/or website(s) is intended for consumption within our mobile applications and websites. Information such as photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, posts, messages, and your profile.
- Your Contacts: You can choose to invite your friends to connect with you via one of our services by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing us to access your contacts from your computer, mobile device, or third party sites to select which friends you want to invite.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other users, businesses, and us. We may choose not to deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages. We may store information that you provide through communications, including phone calls, letters, emails and any other type of messages. If you are a representative of a business listed on our platforms, We may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business. Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the"unsubscribe link" provided in such communications.
- Use of the service: We may store information about your use of our services, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, we also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of our services, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location, and requested and referring URLs. A device identifier and its data may be stored in connection with the device hardware, in connection with the device’s operating system, or data sent to the device by us.
When you use our app, we collect a unique ad-tracking identifier from your device, and third parties with whom we partner are using cookies, beacons, tags, scripts, local shared objects such as advertising identifiers (including mobile identifiers such as Apple’s IDFA or Google’s Advertising ID) and similar technology when you use our mobile applications and websites. Cookies may have unique identifiers, and reside, among other places, on your computer or mobile device, in emails we send to you, and on our web pages. Cookies may transmit information about you and your use of the Service, such as your browser type, search preferences, IP address, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of your use. Cookies may be persistent or stored only during an individual session. Important note: these identifiers are unique to your device, they do not contain any of your personal information such as name or email address.
3. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES: Parties with whom we may share your information:
- Preferences. To remember your information and verify your identity before granting you access to your account.
- Services and Analytics. Technologies intended to show you relevant content, to understand and improve your experience, and help protect us and our users. We may use these technologies to provide you with a service that is easy to use, enables you to use the features, such as accessing secure areas, and store information.
- Security and Compliance. To detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, to protect your data from unauthorized parties and comply with legal requirements.
- Manage Cookie Settings. Usually you can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service.
4. UNAUTHORIZED DATA USE: Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with verification and proof.
6. DATA OF CHILDREN: We do not target children under sixteen. Although visitors of all ages may use our app, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If, following a notification by a parent or any other means of discovery about a child under sixteen has been improperly registered on our site by using false information, We take steps to remove all information and delete the child’s account.
7. SECURITY: We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to , both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or via a mobile device is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee its absolute security. We absolutely values its users and therefore keeping you in person and your data safe is our number one priority. Contact us anytime with regards to Privacy concerns; email@example.com.
Disputes, Choice of Law
- Advertisers: We may share information such as cookie data with our advertising partners. With the purpose of delivering targeted or customized advertisements that are of most interest to you. We remove parts of data that can identify you and share only anonymized data.
- Service Providers: We may rely on third party organizations to perform services to help us to provide the services to you. Such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the service. Our service providers will be given access to your information only as is reasonably necessary.
- Investigations: We may access, investigate, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request such as a search warrant, court order or subpoena if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so and/or is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services; or in the event and in our belief it is necessary to: prevent investigate and address any illegal activity; to protect any person, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- Links: We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Services, including the information or content contained within them. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your User Content you do so at your own risk. Businesses listed on our platforms may contain links to unaffiliated third party services. We are not responsible for the practices employed by any of the businesses listed on our platforms or for any websites or services linked to or from our our mobile app or website(s), including the information or content contained within them. Please, read privacy policies on or applicable to all such third party services. We do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices.
- Third Party Accounts: If you sign up for our services using a third party service like Facebook, or link your account to your account with a third party service like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, We receives information about you from such third party service.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF THE OUR ENTITIES TO YOU. EACH OF THE SUBSECTIONS BELOW ONLY APPLIES UP TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. NOTHING HEREIN IS INTENDED TO LIMIT ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY LIMITED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT THIS OR ANY OTHER SECTION OF THESE TERMS, PLEASE CONSULT WITH A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL PRIOR TO ACCESSING OR USING THE PLATFORMS. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE PLATFORMS, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THIS SECTION. YOU ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us, our parents, subsidiaries, assigns, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party arising out of or relating to (i) your access to or use of the Platforms, (ii) your violation of the Terms, (iii) any products or services purchased or obtained by you in connection with the Platforms, or (iv) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any such matter without the prior written consent of us. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
Disputes - choice of Law:
You agree to submit any and all claims, suits, etc solely through arbitration for the purpose of litigating any such claim. The laws of the State of Delaware, to the extent not preempted by or inconsistent with federal law, will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- Our Products and Services are provided "as is", and we can’t guarantee it will be safe and secure or will work perfectly all the time. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ALSO DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- We also don’t control what people and others do or say, and we aren’t responsible for their (or your) actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or content (including unlawful or objectionable content). We also aren’t responsible for services and features offered by other people or companies, even if you access them through our Services.
- Our responsibility for anything that happens on the Services (also called "liability") is limited as much as the law will allow. If there is an issue with our Services, we can’t know what all the possible impacts might be. You agree that we won’t be responsible ("liable") for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if we know they are possible. This includes when we delete your content, information, or account. Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Terms will not exceed the amount you have paid us for membership in the past twelve months.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with these Terms or your use of the Service. You will cooperate as required by us in the defense of any claim. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and you will not in any event settle any claim without our prior written consent.